FARO Focus3D, 3D Scanning for detailed measurement and documentation
The Focus3D is a high-speed 3D scanner for detailed measurement and documentation. The Focus3D uses laser technology to produce incredibly detailed three-dimensional images of complex environments and geometries in only a few minutes. The Focus3D has a touch operated screen to control scanning functions and parameters. The resulting image is an assembly of millions of 3D measurement points in color which provides an exact digital reproduction of existing conditions.
The Focus3D offers the most efficient method for three-dimensional documentation of building construction, excavation volumes, façade and structural deformations, crime scenes, accident details, product geometry, factories, process plants and more. Given its minimal size and weight as well as touch interface, the Focus3D is easy to work with and saves up to 50% of scan time compared to conventional scanners.
The technology behind the Focus3D is simple. First, it emits a laser beam from a rotating mirror out towards the area being scanned. Then the Focus3D distributes the laser beam at a vertical range of 305o and a horizontal range of 360o. The laser beam is then reflected back to the scanner by objects in its path. The distance to the objects defining an area is calculated as well as their relative vertical and horizontal angles. The data is captured and transmitted via WLAN for calculating precise 3D renderings of the area.
- Control all scanner functions with a touch interface for u
- Ultraportable design allows for operation without extern
- With a size of only 9.5 x 8 x 4in and a weight of just 11lb
- Focus3D is the smallest 3D scanner ever built
- Photorealistic 3D color scans due to an integrated color an automatic 70 megapixels parallax-free color overlay
- Integrated lithium-ion battery provides up to five hours of can be charged during operation
- All data is stored on a SD card enabling easy and secure
- Using SCENE WebShare, images can be shared on the
- Portability allows user to scan complex objects and environments
- Automatic scan registration reduces pre-processing scan time
- Large scanning range reduces the number of scans per project
- Touchscreen interface makes the scanner easy for anyone to use
- Provides long term investment for future projects
- Dedicated users can act as general scanning providers within an organization
- Real world environments are preserved in a virtual 3D world
- Unsurpassed cost-value proposition make every scanning project economical
- Unambiguity interval: 153.49m (503.58ft)
- Range Focus3D 1201: 0.6m - 120m indoor or outdoor with low ambient light and normal incidence to a 90% reflective surface
- Range Focus3D 20: 0.6m - 20m at normal incidence on >10% matte reflective surface
- Measurement speed: 122,000 / 244,000 / 488,000 / 976,000 points/sec Ranging error2: ±2mm at 10m and 25m, each at 90% and 10% reflectivity Ranging noise3:
- @10m - raw data: 0.6mm @ 90% refl. | 1.2mm @ 10% refl.
- @10m - noise compressed4: 0.3mm @ 90% refl. | 0.6mm @ 10% refl.
- @25m - raw data: 0.95mm @ 90% refl. | 2.2mm @ 10% refl.
- @25m - noise compressed4: 0.5mm @ 90% refl. | 1.1mm @ 10% refl.
Resolution: Up to 70 megapixel color
Dynamic color feature: Automatic adaption of brightness
Vertical field of view: 305°
Horizontal field of view: 360°
Vertical step size: 0.009° (40,960 3D pixels on 360°) Horizontal step size: 0.009° (40,960 3D pixels on 360°) Max. vertical scan speed: 5,820rpm or 97Hz
Laser (Optical transmitter)
Laser power (cw Ø): 20mW (Laser class 3R)
INVISIBLE LASER RADIATION
AVOID DIRECT EYE EXPOSURE CLASS 3R LASER PRODUCT
Max. Pulse = 0.0054sec
Beam divergence: Typical 0.16mrad (0.009°)
Beam diameter at exit: 3.8mm, circular
Data handling and control
Data storage: SD, SDHC™, SDXC™; 32GB card included
Scanner control: Via touch- screen display