3D Printing for Rapid Prototyping using Objet's Connex Desktop 3D Printer - Central Florida, Orlando, Seminole County
Orlando 3D Printing for Orlando Rapid Prototyping using Objet's Connex Desktop 3D Printer
Connex Family of Multi-Material 3D
Overview - Connex 3D Multi-Material Printers
The Connex family consists of the first 3D printing systems that enable simultaneous jetting of multiple model materials. This unique ability to print parts and assemblies made of multiple materials in a single build and to create composite Digital Materials™ on the fly facilitates closer-than-ever simulation of a wide variety of end products.
The Connex family includes:
Bring models closer to your end products
The Connex500™ is the first 3D printing system that jets multiple model materials simultaneously. It offers the completely unique ability to print parts and assemblies made of multiple model materials, with different mechanical or physical properties, all in a single build. Taking the revolution even further, the Connex500™ can also fabricate Digital Materials™ on the fly, enabling users to create composite materials that have preset combinations of mechanical properties.
Based on Objet’s breakthrough PolyJet Matrix™ Technology, the Connex500 3D printing system simultaneously prints two FullCure model materials and creates an extensive range of Digital Materials. It can also print a single material from any of the original seven FullCure model materials.
By printing with Digital Materials, the Connex500™ allows you to print parts with specific Shore A values to match the values of the intended production materials. This capability opens up new opportunities, bringing you much closer to realizing the final product at an early stage, including feasibility testing and over-molding process simulation.
Parts produced on the Connex500™ have smooth and durable surfaces, with exceptionally fine details and an outstanding surface finish. The superior productivity, high quality output and unique multi-material printing capabilities of the Connex500™ enable you to closely emulate the look, feel and function of an exceptionally wide variety of end products.
Key Benefits - Connex 3D printing Systems
- Closer-than-ever simulation of end 3D model products
- Simultaneously prints parts with different mechanical properties, opening the way to cutting down on development time and cost, throughout the design cycle.
- Enables close emulation of the look, feel and function of final products, facilitating selection of the end-product materials
- Enables printed prototypes that are very close to the end part in terms of mechanical properties and material combinations, e.g. over-molding and double injection
- Saves days of simulating and preparing complex and expensive molds for double injection Eliminates the need for silicon molds used for testing by enabling most of the testing to be done on an early stage, prototypes printed overnight
- Saves costs and time on applications that would usually involve gluing separate parts made of different materials, or gluing several small pieces to make a large part
- Improves communication between different groups and decision makers in the company, such as R&D, internal/external customers, engineering, marketing, sales, and management
The Connex500™ 3D Printer offers superb productivity
- Large-size build tray of 500 x 400 x 200mm drastically reduces time on part simulation: Prints large parts in a single build, saving gluing time
- Prints numerous small parts, made of the same or different materials, together, saving printing time , Up to 20mm/hour/strip
- Easy switching between High Quality, High Speed and Digital Material printing modes enables flexibility according to resource availability and technical specifications
- Full weekend unattended operation, using Jumbo (4 X 3.6KG) material cartridges (with at least 72 hours of non-stop build capacity)
The Connex 3D Printing Systems allows a wide choice of materialsUses Objet’s FullCure® photopolymer model and support materials, offering a wide variety of mechanical and physical properties, and easy support removal.
- Creates a wide variety of Digital Materials™ -- Composite materials made up of two FullCure model materials integrated in specific concentrations and structures to provide the desired mechanical properties
- The Connex500™ 3D Printing System offers a variety of build process and printing modes
- Advanced 3D printing capabilities enabling versatile multi-material printing options:
- Multi Material Parts – Parts printed using multiple FullCure model materials; eliminates the need to design, print and glue together separate model parts to make a complete model, leading to dramatic savings in printing and post-processing time
- Digital Materials -- Composite materials made up of any two FullCure model materials integrated in specific concentrations and structures to provide the desired mechanical properties; enables close simulation of the target product materials for early-stage testing
- Mixed Tray – Different parts made with different materials in a single build; saves time on materials replacement and provides an answer for multiple users
- Easy switching between three printing modes – provides a versatile answer for a virtually unlimited variety of applications:
- Digital Material (DM) printing mode operates at 12 mm per hour in 30 micron-layers, providing the ability to print parts made of multiple model materials, including Digital Materials
- High Quality (HQ) printing mode builds single-material parts at 12 mm per hour in 16-micron (0.0006 inch) layers.
- High Speed (HS) printing mode, for single-material parts, runs at 20 mm per hour in 30 micron (0.001 inch)-layers
- User-defined selection of exact materials, printing speed and resolution needed for individual parts
The Connex 3D Printer offers outstanding quality, accuracyAssures high quality for all your parts, even those with complex geometries.
- Highest resolution, with identical X & Y resolution of 600 DPI
- Exceptionally fine details and an outstanding smooth surface finish
- Thin walls down to 0.6mm (0.024”)
- Horizontal layers of 16µ (0.0006”)
- Ultra-fine details in all dimensions
- Highly precise printing – maximum tolerance of 0.3mm over large models
The Connex 3D Printing System enables Clean, smooth surfaces
- Easy-to-remove support material enables complex geometries
- Creates smooth exterior and interior surfaces, including cavities, without the remnants characteristic of rigid support structures
- Eliminates finishing and post-build processing